The Sid Valley Food Bank covers Sidmouth, Sidford, Sidbury and adjacent villages. Other Food Banks are available outside of this area. We operate from the Sidmouth Youth Centre, Manstone Lane, Sidmouth, EX10 9TS. See Contact Us for a map.
We help a wide range of people in different situations. We understand how hard it can be to ask for help but if you are struggling to afford food, please do not hesitate. You will be treated with respect and you will find our volunteers are caring and helpful. Here are some examples a client may experience that brings them to us for food help (although they don’t cover all possibilities.)
- lost job and waiting for benefits to start
- change in a relationship or family situation has caused financial struggles
- lost or reduced benefits and needs temporary help
- low income is causing financial problems
- a large bill has come unexpectedly, so money is tighter than usual
If you need food support you can call any of the agencies below. It’s usually a very quick and simple process. These are the people who are able to refer you to the Food Bank. They will talk to you in confidence to find out a bit about your situation and to assess your needs. Referrers will then contact us by telephone or email to give us your contact details. We will then call you directly to arrange for you to collect your food. We can also deliver food in certain circumstances. If you have no food at all and can’t wait a few days, please let us know.
- East Devon District Council 01404 575616 or 0800 1513441
- Citizens Advice Bureau 01395 265070
- Jobcentre plus (Honiton, which covers Sidmouth) 0800 0556688 or 0845 604 3719
- Sid Valley Help 01395 892011 or 07378 964521
- Sidmouth Childrens Centre, Chambers Close, Sidmouth 01395 576786
- Gateway 07980 023202
- Mustard Seed Cafe, All Saints Road Sidmouth 01395 512225
- Parent Support Advisor, Sidmouth College 01395 514823
- Health Visitors, Midwives, School Nurses
- Devon & Cornwall Police
- Social Services
- Local Schools
- Local Churches
- Sidmouth Health Centre, Blackmore Drive, Sidmouth 01395 512601
- Beacon Health Centre, Sedemuda Road, Sidmouth (near Waitrose) 01395 512601
Visiting the Food Bank
• Collection day for food is on Tuesdays.
• If you have a referral, no appointment needed – come any time between 10.30 and 11.30
• Come to the Food Bank as usual, but you will be asked to wait in the Youth Centre if it’s not quite ready. If you have a mobile we can text you, if not we will come and find you to let you know.
• While waiting you can enjoy a free cuppa at the community drop-in and don’t have to collect your food until you are ready. (The Food Bank closes at 12.00.)
• Food is delivered from 11.30 on Fridays. Clients must be at home to receive the food or have given us instructions on where to leave it. If you don’t, we will leave the food at your door, but cannot replace any that goes missing.
• Deliveries will only be for clients who live further away from the Food Bank (one mile or more) There may be some exceptions including people who are disabled or unable to leave the house for medical reasons.
Please also remember
• You are able to receive food for 12 weeks within 6 months. After this your referrer will be asked to review your financial situation with you.
• Please return carrier bags so that we can reuse them.